How to Maintain Good Credit
Over the years I’ve noticed clients with great credit have similar habits, habits which I also employ myself. If you want to maintain good credit throughout your lifetime, I’m convinced these 5 tips will help you do just that.
Tips to Build and Maintain Good Credit
- Make your payments on time, or early. Obvious yes, but also necessary to establish a history of credit reliability.
- Allow your credit to age. If you have accounts in good standing, keep them open! These accounts help establish consistency in your credit history.
- Keep your credit card balances low. Any balance over 50% of your limit adversely affects your score.
- Payoff derogatory accounts. If you do get a collection or judgment, be sure to payoff and close that account as quickly as possible.
- Monitor your credit. It’s wise to check your credit every six months to ensure mistakes aren’t present that will hurt your scores.
Tune in for more!